- Coordinator: Sune Svanberg, LTH, tel: +46 (0)46 222 7650,
email: Sune [dot] Svanberg [at] fysik [dot] lth [dot] se
- Lund Laser Centre website
At the Laser Centre, research is being carried out in cooperation between the Faculties of Engineering, Science and Medicine. This research concerns the investigation of both the micro- and macro-cosmos with applications within environmental studies and medicine for example, such as the diagnosis and treatment of tumours.
- Coordinators: Stephanie Reimann, tel: 046-222 9086, email: Stephanie [dot] Reimann [at] matfys [dot] lth [dot] se;
Lars Samuelson, tel: +46 (0)46 222 7679, email: Lars [dot] Samuelson [at] ftf [dot] lth [dot] se
- Nanoscience and quantum mechanics website
Funds are dedicated, among other things, to supporting researchers at the Nanoscience Building at Lund University. The purpose is to renew research through investment in six fields, among them materials chemistry, biophysics, nanoelectronics and nanoelectromechanics.
- Coordinator: Leif Groop, tel: +46 (0)40 39 1202,
email: Leif [dot] Groop [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se
- LUDC website
This group aims to identify which variations in the human genome are responsible for disorders of the inflammatory processes and the metabolism, in order to develop new forms of treatment for diabetes.
- Coordinator: Jens Schouenborg, tel: +46 (0)46 222 7752,
email: Jens [dot] Schouenborg [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se
- NRC website
NRC is an interdisciplinary environment which includes medics, scientists, engineering researchers and humanists. The researchers aim to develop multi-channel electrodes that can be surgically inserted in the brain and spinal cord to study basic learning mechanisms in animals and humans. The long-term objective is to be able to use the knowledge to improve quality of life for people with functional disabilities, neurodegenerative diseases and chronic pain.
- Coordinator: Stefan Karlsson, tel: +46 (0)46 222 0577,
email: Stefan [dot] Karlsson [at] med [dot] lu [dot] se
- Hemato-Linn website
Hemato-Linn is a shared investment in stem cell research aiming to understand healthy and diseased blood formation.
- Coordinator: Charles Edquist, tel: +46 (0)46 222 3931,
email: Charles [dot] Edquist [at] circle [dot] lu [dot] se
- CIRCLE website
Lucie is an interdisciplinary research environment with leading researchers in innovation, economic geography, business administration, psychology, economic history and research policy. The group investigates the dynamic in a globalised knowledge economy.
- Coordinator: Ulf Olsson, tel +46 (0)46 222 8159, email:?Ulf [dot] Olsson [at] fkem1 [dot] lu [dot] se
- Organising Molecular Matter website
Research is carried out in an interdisciplinary manner within the field of chemistry. The group is investigating the interaction between molecules.
- Coordinator: Tommy Bengtsson. Tel: +46 (0)46 222 7380,
email: Tommy [dot] Bengtsson [at] ekh [dot] lu [dot] se
- Centre for economic demography website
This group is investigating how individuals/households/families behave when economic and demographic conditions change. Among other methods, this is done through analysis of the period from the start of the 1900s to the end of the 1960s when Sweden was transformed from a mainly agrarian society to an industrial nation and a developed welfare state.