Over recent years Lund University has achieved major success in obtaining large research grants.?Annually, almost SEK 5 billion goes to research across nine faculties.?Lund University has also distinguished itself in recent years in the allocations of?Linnaeus environments?and the Swedish Government’s investment in?strategic research areas.?These successes are largely a result of the interdisciplinary research carried out and the diversity that our comprehensive university has to offer.?
Strong research fields and innovation environments
- Neuroscience and neurodegenerative diseases
- Stem cell therapy
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
- Middle Eastern studies
- Environment, climate, sustainable systems and biodiversity
- Cognitive science
- Materials science, surface physics and nanotechnology
- Advanced laser physics and spectroscopy
- Automatic control and complex systems
- Evolution, ecology and animal migration patterns?
- Information technology and mobile communications
- Sustainable systems and biodiversity
- CASE? research on ageing and supportive environments