Once you have been nominated to go on an exchange by your home university, you will receive a?link to Lund University’s online application for nominated exchange students as well as contact details from your coordinator at Lund University.?You do?not?apply for exchange studies via University Admissions in Sweden.
The academic year consists of two semesters:
- The autumn semester begins at the start of September
- The spring semester begins in mid-January
A total of 30 credits is considered the normal full-time study load per semester. Students typically take four courses of 7.5 credits per semester.
Each semester is divided into two study periods. Students are generally advised to take two courses in each study period.?
We encourage you to?choose alternative course options in case you do not meet?the admission requirements for your preferred course choices, when there is a timetable clash, or if no places are available on the course.
At Lund University, we do not have an Add/Drop period? please take this into consideration when you select your courses. You will only have the possibility to make some changes during the first weeks after your arrival in Lund.??
After you have been nominated for exchange studies by?your home university,?you will receive a?system generated?email with?login details as well as a link to?the combined online exchange student application for the following:
- Your selected study courses i.e. all regular courses, including Special Area Studies (SAS) and Swedish language for exchange students (SVE)
- Swedish Introductory Language course (SUSA) ?offered before the start of the semester
- Mentor programme
You can prepare for your application by reading the following information:
- See information on what documents you need to submit with your application
- Technical guide to better understand how the application system works (PDF 389 kB, opens in new window updated September 2018)
The course application period for nominated exchange students runs from 1 25 April for autumn semester studies and from 1 25 October for spring studies.
You can apply for housing in several different ways. One of them is?through LU Accommodation. Their housing application period for nominated exchange students runs?from 1 25 April for autumn semester studies and 1 25 October for spring semester studies.
Discuss your course selections with your academic advisor at your home university, to verify whether you will be able to receive credits. If your course selections need?to be changed at a later stage, please keep your academic advisor at your home university?informed.?Please note that there is no Add/Drop period at Lund University.
You have to upload your transcript of records in order for us to be able to review your eligibility for the courses of your choice. We also need to establish whether there are any available places on these courses.?
Once we have received and evaluated your application against the admission requirements and course availability, your nomination for the exchange will be finalised and you will be sent a 'Letter of Acceptance' from Lund University.?
Students will find out whether or not they are accepted within 1 2 months of the submission of their application.?
The Letter of Acceptance comes from your coordinator at Lund University and this person will be a key contact and support you in organising your exchange studies.
It is very important to print the Letter of Acceptance, as you will need to bring this with you to Lund University and present it on several occasions during the first few weeks. You will also need the Letter of Acceptance to be able to complete your residence permit application.
- Exchange students are required to follow a full-time study plan of 30 credits per semester. Typically this will mean four courses per semester (two courses per study period).
- Choose alternative courses in your application to allow for?some flexibility.
- You will be sent the link to the combined online application for all courses and?the mentor programme, as well as the link to the housing application.
- Check your course selections with your home university.
- Once your application is accepted, you received a 'Letter of Acceptance' from your coordinator at Lund University.