General entry requirements
To meet the general entry requirements for Bachelor’s level studies all students must:
- have successfully completed their upper secondary education (post-16) that gives access to universities in the student’s home country. Note that for students who received their final school grades after 31 December 2009, there is an additional entry requirement for mathematics*
- be able to demonstrate proficiency in English by means of an internationally recognised test, e.g. TOEFL, IELTS or the equivalent
- there may be some other?country specific requirements
To meet the entry requirements for Master's level studies, you must:
- have been awarded a Bachelor's degree from an internationally recognised university
- be able to demonstrate proficiency in English by means of an internationally recognised test, e.g. TOEFL, IELTS or the equivalent.
- there may be some other country specific requirements
In addition to the general entry requirements, you must meet the specific entry requirements as detailed by each programme. For example, many Master’s degree programmes require that your Bachelor’s degree has a particular major, or you may need to have completed certain subject credits within your Bachelor’s degree. The specific entry requirements for the programmes can be found under the?programme?webpages. Note that you may need to send additional documents with your application to show that you meet these specific requirements.
Most Lund University programmes and courses require English 6 (advanced level) language proficiency which is the equivalent of IELTS 6.5 (no section less than 5.5) or TOEFL 90.?It is important that you check the programme or course as some programmes have a higher requirement for admission. If English is not your mother tongue, you will need to demonstrate language proficiency through an internationally recognised test.
*Note for applicants to Bachelor's level studies - ?for students who received their final secondary school grades after 31 December 2009, there is an additional entry requirement for mathematics as follows: the student must have successfully completed courses in mathematics to reach the level of the Swedish course Mathematics A (approximately 10 years of mathematics studies). This mathematics requirement does not apply to students who received their final school grades before 1 January 2010.
University Admissions in Sweden
For official information regarding the application process, general entry requirements, document requirements and rules, English proficiency tests and exemptions, tuition and application fees and exemptions, visit?www.universityadmissions.se.
For information regarding whether a programme is right for you or to check specific programme/course content, it is best to contact the programme directly. Find contact details with the programme/course descriptions.
Lund University Admissions Office
University Admissions in Sweden's website provides all formal requirements and rules regarding admission. For further questions regarding a specific application to Lund University,?contact the Lund University Admissions Office using the admissions office contact form.
You can also telephone +46 (0)46 222 9300 (select option 3), Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, between 10:00 12:00.
General study information
For general information about studies at Lund University you can: