LERU Doctoral Summer School
LERU Doctoral Summer School is organised annually and is hosted by one or more of the LERU members.?The aim of the doctoral summer school is to provide doctoral candidates with professional and personal development opportunities.?
The theme of the summer school is of general professional development interest to doctoral candidates.?By creating an international, intercultural and inter?disciplinary environment, the summer school provides a highly stimu?lating learning experience, which?is of value to the participants?? future careers.?
The Summer school is to further strengthen ties within the network and to contribute to increasing the network??s reputation and influence in European policy setting in higher education. It is also a way to show that LERU universities are at the forefront of innovative practices in training new researchers.
Theme: Reasserting the Value of the Expert; The role of Doctoral Research and Researchers in Promoting the Importance of the ??Expert?? in Europe
Dates: 28 June‥C3 July 2020
Host institution: Trinity College Dublin
Application deadline: Monday 16 March 2020
For whom: Doctoral candidates from all academic disciplines with an interest in this topic are invited to apply
Lund University will cover the participation cost of ?500, and contribute with 3000 SEK to help cover the travel costs for each participant.
Applicants shall meet the following requirements:
- You must be registered as a doctoral candidate at Lund University
- You should be approximately half way or at a later stage in your?doctoral education
- You must be keenly motivated to work on the topic of the LERU Summer School as set out in the programme and description
- You must be able to participate in all activities in the programme
- You must be fluent in written and spoken English
Summer activities for 2020 to be announced.?