In addition to a wide range of caf s, bars, restaurants, shopping centres and cultural and sporting activities, there are a number of tourist attractions located in Sk?ne and its surrounding areas. A few examples are listed below.
- Domkyrkan is Lund's famous cathedral, consecrated in 1145. It features an impressive astronomical clock, dating from 1424.
- Kulturen is an open-air museum, founded in 1892, which shows how people have lived and worked in Sweden through the ages.
- The Skissernas Museum Museum of Artistic Process and Public Art was founded in 1934 by Ragnar Josephson, Professor of Art History at Lund University, and is a unique art museum focused on the creative process around the conception of public art, featuring sketches, preliminary works and models. Free entry for students.
- The Lund University Historiska Museet, founded in 1805, is the second largest archaeological museum in Sweden. Among other finds, the collection includes a 7 000 year-old skeleton.
- The Lund University Botaniska Tr?dg?rden (Botanical gardens) in Lund cover 8 hectares and feature around 7 000 different species.
- Vattenhallen Science Centre?has inspiring and educational workshops, experiments and exhibitions on technology and science. It is a place where children and adults can learn together, so bring your family to one of the exhibitions or astronomy shows in the planetarium.?
Read more on the websites of these attractions and museums:
- Sofiero Palace and Gardens (which won 'Europe's Most Beautiful Park 2010') feature the 1864-built summer royal residence and extensive gardens, including 10 000 rhododendrons which bloom in late May. In summer, concerts are held in the gardens and in autumn activities such as the light fest are held.?
- Frederiksdals Friluftsmuseum is one of Sweden's largest open air museums with historical buildings, parks and gardens.
- Helsingborg's centre features interesting historical landmarks such as the K?rnan Tower (the remains of the medieval castle) as well as shops, caf s and a busy port where ferries run between Helsingborg to Helsing?r in Denmark.
- From Helsingborg to Denmark's Helsing?r it is just a 20 minute boat ride. Helsing?r is where you can visit?Kronborg Castle, where Shakespeare's 'Hamlet' was set. The castle is a World Heritage Site.
- During Konstrundan, artists in the northwestern part of Sk?ne display art in exhibition venues and in their homes.
Read more on the attraction websites here:
- Sofiero Palace and Gardens
- Frederiksdals Friluftsmuseum
- The municipality of Helsingborg website
- Website on ferries and attractions in Helsingborg and Helsing?r
- 网易彩票首页The Konstrundan website (in Swedish only)
- Kronoborg Castle on the World Heritage Site website
- Blog post about?10 top-rated tourist attractions in Helsingborg
- Malm? is Sweden's 3rd largest city with 343 000 residents.?
- There are many?interesting sights and places to visit in Malm?, including the Turning Torso ?the tallest building in Sweden located in the modern V?stra Hamnen waterfront area, the Moderna Museet, Malm?hus Castle, Stor Torget - the main square, built in 1536 and the trendy bars and restaurants in the charming Lilla Torg, built in 1592.
- Malm? has many beautiful parks including Pildammsparken and Folkets Park.
- The annual Malm? Festival takes place in August and features top bands, dance, sport, international food stalls and other entertainment. There are also other events taking place in Malm? year round.
Websites with more information about attractions and activities in Malm?: